Need health insurance? Not sure how to sign up? The Free Library is a Certified Application Counselor (CAC) Designated Organization, meaning we are here to help! With more than 30 trained staff, Library CACs are available to work one-on-one with customers to offer assistance signing up for a health insurance plan online, via phone, or with a paper application. Enrollment via healthcare.gov is the most convenient method, giving customers immediate results about their health insurance options, along with potential tax credits and/or low-cost benefits which could be available to them. The enrollment period is open now and will last through March 31, 2014.
Please call one of these locations to make an appointment:
• Charles L. Durham Library | 3320 Haverford Ave. | 215-685-7436
• Joseph E. Coleman Northwest Regional Library | 68 W. Chelten Ave. | 215-685-2153
• Kensington Library | 104 W. Dauphin St. | 215-685-9996
• Lillian Marrero Library | 601 W. Lehigh Ave. | 215-685-9794
• Lucien E. Blackwell West Philadelphia Regional Library | 125 S. 52nd St. | 215-685-7433
• Northeast Regional Library | 2228 Cottman Ave. | 215-685-0522
• Ramonita G. de Rodriguez Library | 600 W. Girard Ave. | 215-686-1768
• Walnut Street West Library | 201 S. 40th St. | 215-685-7671
• Whitman Library | 200 Snyder Ave. | 215-685-1754
• Widener Library | 2808 W. Lehigh Ave. | 215-685-9798
• Wynnefield Library | 5325 Overbrook Ave. | 215-685-0298
Or call Parkway Central to inquire about the open hours in our tech lab, where computers and help are available on a first-come, first served basis.
• Parkway Central Library | 1901 Vine St. | 215-686-5322
More information about the Affordable Care Act and the health insurance marketplace is available here.
Enrollment can be a daunting task, but the Free Library is here to help.