The Free Library of Philadelphia has helped countless entrepreneurs and small business owners. We offer information, research assistance, and networking opportunities, as well as programs, lectures and special events. Our resources are available at 54 branches throughout the city of Philadelphia and worldwide on the web. Anchored by the Business, Science and Industry Department at the Parkway Central Library, with its extensive collection of industry trade magazines, specialized directories, and subscription databases, the Free Library of Philadelphia is every entrepreneur’s most valuable asset. Whether you are running a successful company, thinking of growing your business, or just planning your first venture, start here.
What if you could…
…You can. Start here
- Create a list of your business’s local, regional, and national competitors
- Attend a seminar on how social networking sites like Twitter and Facebook can help your business
- Find demographic information about your customers, including their average age, income, and spending habits
- Attend a panel discussion where a business attorney, a loan officer, and an insurance expert would answer your questions
- Take free classes on how to complete the research needed to write a top-notch business plan
- Keep up with all the latest trends and events affecting your industry
Business Science and Industry Department
1901 Vine Street 19103
Hours: Monday – Thursday 9:00 a.m. – 9:00 p.m.
Friday 9:00 a.m. – 6:00 p.m.
Saturday 9:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m.
Sunday 1:00 – 5:00 p.m.