Annual Giving Coordinator: Full-time Permanent
POSITION: Annual Giving Coordinator
CLASSIFICATION: Exempt (salaried)
REPORTS TO: Director of Individual Giving
THE FREE LIBRARY OF PHILADELPHIA FOUNDATION:
The Free Library of Philadelphia Foundation is a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization that supports the city of Philadelphia’s public library system. Increasingly, the Library relies on private support to provide the critical programs and resources necessary to advance literacy, guide learning and inspire curiosity throughout the Philadelphia region.
The Annual Giving Coordinator works closely with the Director of Individual Giving to ensure the strategic and effective coordination and administration of the Free Library Fund direct marketing program. The Coordinator will develop and implement systems and analyses that will inform strategy of Annual Giving programs, including performing ongoing appeal analyses and cultivation and stewardship activities. Overall responsibilities, as enumerated below, revolve around recruiting, retaining, and increasing revenue and number of donor households by leveraging data, systems, and processes.
The Annual Giving Coordinator:
- Is the primary project manager for the Free Library Fund direct marketing program, ensuring the continued growth of revenue and donors through the program.
- Is the liaison to the Library’s direct marketing vendor, ensuring the strategic and timely deployment of multichannel direct marketing efforts for annual campaigns, which include mail, email, and social media strategies.
- Works directly with Library program staff, Department of Communications and other internal stakeholders to determine strategic messaging of all campaigns.
- Is the primary liaison to Development Operations to ensure the timely delivery of accurate and clean data and lists to direct marketing vendor. Targets and deploys direct marketing campaign emails.
- Develops an in-depth understanding of direct marketing best practices and works with the Director of Individual Giving to implement new systems, processes, and strategies that reflect these practices to maintain and increase unrestricted revenue annually.
- Works with the Director of Individual Giving and Membership Program Coordinator to identify opportunities for cross pollination between Annual Giving and Membership, deepening the relationships donor have with the Free Library through targeted cultivation and stewardship activities.
- Serves as the liaison to the Development Operations team to build, implement, and run tracking systems, reports, and conduct data audits of Annual Giving and direct marketing programs.
- Works with Development staff, including Development Operations and Special Events to coordinate data and systems for solicitation mailings, acknowledgment letters, and event invitations and follow up.
- Designs and deploys Annual Giving cultivation and stewardship communications, including select event invitations, through the Library’s email marketing system.
- Is a team member in staffing donor events, approximately 50 events annually.
- Provides exceptional customer service to internal and external stakeholders.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
PREFERRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Exceptional organizational skills with great attention to detail.
- Experience in project management and ability to meet competing deadlines.
- Knowledge and understanding of fundraising database and email marketing tools.
- Excellent communications and interpersonal skills, including writing and editing skills.
- Ability to work evenings and weekends as required.
- Proficiency with MS Office Suite, with extensive experience in Excel.
- Must be able to work independently.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of two years of experience in a Development Office, experience in Development Operations a plus.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
To Apply: Please e-mail cover letter, resume and information as to where you saw this posting with “Annual Giving Coordinator” in the subject to: BarberT@freelibrary.org
For more information contact:
The Free Library of Philadelphia Foundation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Minorities and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.