Development and Programs Associate: Full-time Permanent
DEPARTMENT: Development – Rosenbach
POSITION: Development and Programs Associate
REPORTS TO: Director of Development
The Development and Programs Associate plays an important role at The Rosenbach by working closely with the Director of Development, Manager of Public Programs, and Manager of Marketing and Communications to support the administrative duties of The Rosenbach’s fund development, programs, and marketing. This is an entry-level position ideal for someone who wants to experience many facets of nonprofit work in a fast-paced, evolving museum. The Rosenbach raises all of the money for its own budget each year but also works hand in glove with its formal partner, The Free Library of Philadelphia Foundation, for which reason this position will collaborate with colleagues in the development office at the FLPF on some projects.
This position is full-time, non-exempt, and reports to the Director of Development.
Support Annual Fund and Membership
- Serve as primary contact for all membership inquiries
- Strategize and manage all Annual Fund and Membership mailing lists
- Research, write, and send direct mail solicitations and e-appeals to various groups within The Rosenbach audience, knowing how to engage each segment differently.
- Using Altru, analyze data to evaluate and plan for future campaigns, create progress reports for staff and the Board of Directors
- Ensure data is properly entered into Altru for each campaign, working closely with the Donor Relations Manager and the FLPF Development Services Assistant (Development Operations Assistant reports to FLPF’s Development Services Manager)
Rosenbacchanal: Annual Fundraiser
- Manages and creates Rosenbacchanal communications, including email invitations, social media posts, save the dates, and invitations
- Manages the Rosenbacchanal mailing list
- Tracks RSVPs and serves as primary contact for inquiries from guests
- Manages the Rosenbacchanal online silent auction
- Manages vendor relationships related to Rosenbacchanal
- Manges event follow-up correspondence
Manages Site Rentals
- Respond to all inquiries via phone, email, and website for rental information
- Remain on site for most rentals in coordination with the Facilities Manager
- Plan logistics of rentals including scheduling staff.
- Assist the Manager of Public Programs with program promotion marketing
- Oversee correspondence with speakers, authors, and course instructors to manage schedules, payments, and logistics
- Assist the Manager of Marketing and Communications with community outreach
- Pursue cross-promotion partnerships with fellow arts and culture organizations
- Develop grassroots marketing opportunities to promote programs
- Minimum 1 year fund development, marketing, or nonprofit experience
- Excellent organizational skills with an attention to detail and follow- through
- Ability to work nights and weekends as needed
- Ability to multi-task
- Must work well under pressure
- Must possess excellent writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Blackbaud and InDesign experience preferred
$40,000 a year with benefits
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to Director of Development Bethany Chisholm at firstname.lastname@example.org by July 15, 2021.
The Free Library of Philadelphia Foundation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Minorities and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.