Program Coordinator - Read, Baby, Read: Full-time Permanent
DEPARTMENT: Youth Services and Programs Division (YSP)
POSITION: Program Coordinator – Read, Baby, Read
REPORTS TO: Chief, Youth Services and Programs Division
Opportunity for a detail-oriented individual with excellent communication skills and early childhood experience to coordinate and implement the Read, Baby, Read initiative at The Free Library of Philadelphia. This is a one-year, grant-funded, full-time position.
- Organizes and manages all aspects of this project, including program implementation, fidelity to the grant and deliverables, coordination with neighborhood libraries, community groups and the partnering organizations/consultants;
- Oversees and maintains the programs finances/budget; in addition to ordering materials for programs;
- Cultivates and manages relationships with Free Library staff, consultants and partners, parent ambassadors, and families, independently and working through the Lead Early Childhood Specialists;
- Develops positive relationships and trust in the community;
- Supervises and manages work of two Early Childhood Specialists and Parent Ambassadors;
- Develops playbook for the Read, Baby, Read project in collaboration with the Lead Early Childhood Specialists;
- Develops and produces appropriate promotional and outreach materials;
- Works with the Project Evaluators to ensure the evaluation can be implemented with fidelity;
- Gathers, maintains, and shares qualitative and quantitative data for grant reporting;
- Visits neighborhood libraries and partners as needed;
- Performs other duties as instructed and assigned.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated program management expertise;
- Ability to develop positive, productive relations with people in the community and with colleagues;
- Knowledge of early childhood development, early literacy, Family engagement, and children’s literature;
- Outstanding organizational skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Strong financial and budgeting skills;
- Ability to present to groups;
- Ability and initiative to work independently.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred;
- Program management experience preferred;
- Early Childhood experience or children’s librarianship is preferred;
- Community engagement experience.
Terms of Employment
? Full Time (37 ½ hours per week)
? Monday – Friday, 8:45 am – 5:00 pm is the general work day and is a combination of in-person and virtual schedules.
? Evenings and weekends as required.
? Successful applicant must submit proof of required background clearances prior to hire date (PA State Criminal Record Check, PA Child Abuse History Clearance, & Federal Criminal History Record).
? This position has a full Benefit Package: Health, dental, life, and disability insurance; flex benefits and Retirement Plan; generous leave time allowance.
Please e-mail cover letter and resume with “Read, Baby, Read Program Coordinator” in the subject line to: YSPhiring@freelibrary.org
(Attachments as PDFs or in Microsoft Word, please)
The Free Library of Philadelphia Foundation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Minorities and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.
Send resume and cover letter to:
The Free Library of Philadelphia Foundation is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Minorities and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.