Hello to our friends of all ages!
The Nourishing Literacy team is in the process of creating a series of printed learning materials and we would be thrilled to include your artwork!
Call for Artwork
- Community Coloring Books and Activity Workbooks are the tools that we are currently creating.
- In the future, some of the art submissions will be included in a Community Family Cookbook!
- We are collecting drawings of root vegetables and leafy vegetables, with more opportunities coming up!
- All artists requested!! All styles, all abilities, all ages!!
- Please create an outline of an image, rather than one that is colored in.
- Please use a dark writing tool to go over the finished outline so it can be clearly seen.
- If possible, please draw the image on a piece of white paper, 8.5 x 11-inch (letter size).
- Artist’s first name
- Artist’s age, if a child or teen
- Something that the artist appreciates about the library
- Name of food drawn
- Wednesday, September 9th = Root Vegetable Drawings
- Wednesday, September 30th = Leafy Vegetable Drawings
Options for Submission
- Email a picture or scan of the artwork to kitchen @ freelibrary.org with "Nourishing Literacy Community Art" in the title by the requested date for submission.
- Mail the artwork a few days before the requested date for submission to:
Nourishing Literacy, Culinary Literacy Center
Parkway Central Library, 4th Floor
1901 Vine Street
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Please email any questions to kitchen @ freelibrary.org with "Nourishing Literacy" in the title.
To learn more about the Culinary Literacy Center, please visit our website or connect with us through Instagram and Facebook.