Mon, April 12, 2021 6:00 P.M.
Ed Samuel, Executive Career Coach with SamNova, Inc (www.samnovainc.com) will be discussing how to optimize your resume based on his book, "Optimize Your Resume: DOs and DON'Ts the SamNova Way". Ed will focus on key areas that will make a resume standout including your value proposition, having a clear ROI on page one and how best to quantify your accomplishments. He will also address how to craft a resume for the hidden job market, how to take fluff out, how to avoid a dense resume and avoiding using a job description approach to the entire resume. Ed will be touching on the harder issues tied to age discrimination and what to include and exclude on a resume and why. Ed's book is available to purchase on his secure website or via Amazon before or after the session.
- What makes a resume Hidden Job Market(HJM) ready versus an ATS system?
- Why is the first page everything when it comes to a resume?
- The top two (2) biggest mistakes made on 90% of all resumes
- What triggers a negative or positive reaction within 7.5 seconds?
- Discuss the myth that a resume can only be 2-pages long
- Learn how to quantify using conservative guesstimates
Ed Samuel is a Career and Life Coach, Author, certified Career Assessment Consultant and Ministry leader. His team provides career assessments, resume writing (4 resume writers), one-on-one career transition support with emphasis on mid-senior level clients across multiple functional roles and industries. He specializes in growing and leveraging formal networks, targeted job searches, attaching the hidden job market, landing a job after the age of 55+ and those looking to make a career pivot.
To join, please register here. Zoom meeting information will be emailed upon registration.
Monday, April 12 | 6:00 p.m. - 8:00 p.m.