This event has already happened. Check out our other great events!
Virtual Information Session: Manufacturing Career Accelerator Program (MCAP)
Mon, April 19, 2021 12:00 P.M.
This information session is an opportunity to learn more about the Manufacturing Career Accelerator Program (MCAP) offered by the Drexel University - Goodwin College of Professional Studies and EDSI.
The Manufacturing Career Accelerator Program (MCAP) is a virtual skill-building and work readiness training program that is specifically designed to equip un- and under-employed adults with the general employability skills and specific manufacturing industry knowledge needed to begin a high wage-earning career in just 7-weeks. Designed in partnership with manufacturing employers in our region, who participate throughout the program, the MCAP can but you on the fast track to a new career in the ever-evolving manufacturing industry. Women and people of color are strongly encouraged to apply.
- There is no cost to participate
- Chromebooks and internet access provided
- Job placement support upon graduation
7-weeks of instruction include:
- Manufacturing Industry bootcamp (designed and supported by local manufacturers)
- OSHA-10 certification
- 2 Drexel essential skill workshops
- Lean Six Sigma Yellow Belt Certification
To participate you must
- Have a High School Diploma or GED
- Have access to reliable transportation
- Pass a drug screening
- Complete a criminal background check
To join, please register here. Zoom meeting information will be emailed upon registration.
Monday, April 19 | 12:00 p.m. - 1:00 p.m.
BRIC, Ground Floor
Parkway Central Library
1901 Vine Street (between 19th and 20th Streets on the Parkway)
Philadelphia, PA 19103
1-833-TALK FLP (825-5357)