Mon, September 27, 2021 11:00 A.M.
Joseph E. Coleman Northwest Regional Library
From 11 a.m - 12:30 p.m.
The PHL City ID is an optional, valid, government-issued photo identification card that is accepted by all City services and City-funded programs. Anyone who lives in Philadelphia and is age 13 or older is eligible. Appointments are required and are limited to 20 participants. To save your spot, please call 215-685-2151, or stop by the circulation desk.
You can use your ID to:
-access health care services
-check out library books
-sign in to schools and City buildings
-get discounts to museums, entertainment, and more
-open a bank account at participating banks and credit unions
-Anytime you need to show ID
• $5 for youth aged 13-17
• $10 for adults age 18-64
• Free for adults 65 and older
We accept cash (exact change only) or money orders made out to "City of Philadelphia."
Anyone applying for a PHL City ID must meet the required four (4) points by providing Proof of Identity — three (3) points — and Proof of Address within the city limits of Philadelphia — one (1) point. At least one (1) identity document must include a photo and a date of birth. All documents must be originals and current. Some expired forms of ID may be accepted for a lesser point value.
Examples of accepted Proof of Identity Documents:
- Current or Expired State ID - PA or other State (3/2 pts)
- Face sheet issued by Phila Dept of Prisons (2 pts)
- Inmate ID issued by PA Dept of Corrections (2pts)
- Current US or Foreign Passport (3 pts)
- Current Employment Authorization Document (EAD) (3 pts)
- Expired US or Foreign Passport (2 pts)
- US Birth Certificate or Social Security Card (2 pts)
- Current Foreign Identification card (2 pts)
- Foreign Birth Certificate (1 pt)
- Access Card or Insurance Card (1 pt)
Examples of accepted Proof of Address Documents:
- Agency Mail Service or Shelter Letter
- Medical Records or invoice
- Letters from Dept of Public Welfare
- Lease or sublease
Visit phila.gov/PHLcityID to see the full list of accepted documents and use the document calculator to make sure you have the paperwork needed before your appointment.
For more information, please call 215-685-0521