Wed, July 20, 2022 9:00 A.M.
Business Resource and Innovation Center
Parkway Central Library
Many leaders, nonprofit executives, and administrators are on a learning curve with Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DEI) efforts; often stuck with questions about how to implement ideas, what actions they should take, and which are the right steps to make real change. We’re right there with you! That’s why PANO, the Regional Foundation Center, and Villanova’s Department of Public Administration have teamed up with transformative culture consultant Monica O. Montgomery for this 3-part series, coming to you this summer.
Each session will be highly tailored, interactive, and customized to prioritize emotional growth, mindset shifts, deep understanding, and action plans over routine results and slideshows of corporate training. This is because we know that the work of anti-racism, cultural sensitivity, undoing implicit bias, and shifting organizations is an urgent moral imperative that needs a hands-on, high-touch, adaptive approach.
Avenues to Action is intentionally designed to incorporate both workshopping’ and ‘doing’ to amplify equity outcomes, strengthen individual accountability, and streamline strategies for institutional capacity.
Here's How it Will Work:
- Registration fee of $150 for PANO Members or $300 for Not-Yet Members covers up to two representatives from up to 20 local nonprofits. Not a PANO member? Learn more about the great benefits and how to join here.
- The first two sessions (July 20 and August 10) will meet virtually via Zoom and the final session (August 17) will be hosted in-person at the Free Library of Philadelphia. Light refreshments will be provided at the in-person session.
- Attendance is appreciated at all three sessions.
- Series facilitator Monica O. Montgomery will make herself available for a one-on-one consultation in between the scheduled sessions (at no additional cost)
- During the registration process, you will be asked to share the specific Equity Outcome you want to work towards. You can write in one of your own or you can choose from a list of sample outcomes.
Additional details, full agenda and registration are available here.