This event has already happened. Check out our other great events!
DIY Recording Meetup: Live Recording Pt I.
Sat, July 21, 2018 2:00 P.M.
Music Department at
Parkway Central Library
It's time to get back in the studio! Vadim K re-ups an exciting new round of DIY Recording - a program seeking to democratize the recording process by educating, equipping and empowering the DIY recording community. This new session is in two parts. From the Event Page:
In this first of two sessions we will be recording a song. We will work together to:
- Set up our "studio" by learning about how to connect microphones to interfaces to computers, etc.,
- Set up our microphones to best capture the sound we're looking for
- Learn about how and when to use click tracks, DAW grids and other useful tools.
- Track multiple instrument and vocal parts
- Learn some best practices for managing your DAW session efficiently and not getting lost.
In the second session (which will take place the following Saturday), we will edit, mix, and master the track we recorded to create a finished product!
ATTENTION: We are still looking for musicians that want a song recorded as part of these sessions. You must have a song that has music and lyrics. Just an acoustic guitar and vocals is fine! The team will help add other instruments. If you or someone you know would like to have a song recorded and mixed for FREE, please reach out to Vadim. If all else fails, we can record a cover but it would be way more fun to do an original.
Saturday 7/21/2018 at 2:00 PM
Music Department Free Library of Philadelphia,
First Floor 1901 Vine Street,
Philadelphia, PA 19017
This is a FREE program!
Accessibility: A wheelchair ramp is located at the Library’s Wood Street entrance, and a public elevator is located next to the building’s northeast courtyard.