This event has already happened. Check out our other great events!
PDPH Overdose Awareness & Reversal Training
Mon, May 6, 2019 6:00 P.M.
With Philadelphia, and the nation, in the grips of an opioid overdose crisis, the Philadelphia Department of Public Health is now offering FREE training on overdose awareness and overdose reversal using naloxone, or Narcan.
Trainings will be held at the Free Library of Philadelphia.
Drug abuse and overdoses are an ongoing crisis in Philadelphia, killing more than 1200 people in 2017. The Medical Examiner reports that 88% of our fatal overdoses involve opioids, including heroin and fentanyl. This training will teach you concrete actions you can take to help combat the opioid crisis and prevent fatal overdoses. Trainees will learn:
- Information about the current state of the opioid crisis in Philadelphia
- Potential risk factors for opioid overdose
- Signs and symptoms of an opioid overdose
- Information about naloxone including: what it is, how to use it, & where to get it
- The medical protocol for responding to an opioid overdose
- Information about PA's Standing Order for Naloxone, Act 139, and the Good Samaritan protection
To register or address any questions, please contact email@example.com.
200 Snyder Avenue (2nd St. & Snyder Ave.)
Philadelphia, PA 19148-2620