You'll love these weblinks chosen by our expert librarians.
- Shrink Pictures - go here to shrink your pictures.
- Virus Research Unit at the University of Tampere, Finland - Site devoted to computer viruses and their cures
Beginning Computer Users
Learn basic computer skills, how to use a keyboard and mouse, and easy instructions on surfing the Internet.
- Digital Media Literacy – Learn how to interpret and evaluate information online, whether you're reading an article, watching a video, or using social media.
- NorthStar Digital Literacy Assessment – Take an assessment to see your computer skills level.
- Digital Learn – Lessons on email, PC/Windows 7, and how to do an internet search.
- GCF's Learn Free Computer Basics Course – Computer basics, laptops and mobile devices, cloud services, and basic maintenance.
- ConnectSafely – Tips and advice on staying safe and secure on the Internet and staying clear of cyber attacks and viruses.
- The Senior's Guide to Computers – Learn the basics of how a computer works and how to navigate on a desktop computer.
- Skillful Senior – Computer ergonomics as well as how to use a mouse and keyboard.
- Custom Guide – References on popular software like MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint for free. Additional lessons and demos require payment.
- Digital Literacy Resources – Tutorials, lessons, resources on a variety of topics like, computer basics, job skills, Internet basics, and more.
- Everyone On – Compilation of online resources to learn computer skills, internet safety, and finding a job online.
- Introduction and Tutorial on Computer Mice from TLN – Basic lessons on how to use a mouse.
- Palm Beach County Library Mousercise – Online exercises to help improve mouse skills.
- Digital Unite explains a Windows Keyboard – Visual guide to the parts of a keyboard.
- Sense-lang – Learn how to type by playing free typing games.
- Typingweb – TypingWeb is a free online typing tutor & keyboarding tutorial for typists of all skill levels. TypingWeb includes entertaining typing games, typing tests, and free official typing certification.
- Typing Club – This online program will assist you with learning and improving your typing speed.
- GCF Learnfree's Internet 101 Tutorials – Tutorials on surfing the Web, email, and cyber safety.
- Living Life Online – Federal Trade Commission's tips and tools for using the web.
Information on attaining Internet Service in your home.
- Wilco/Mobile Citizen Discounted High Speed Internet – Low-cost home internet access for families who qualify Must have completed eight hours of free computer training courses.
- Comcast Internet Essentials – Low-cost home internet access for families who qualify.
- Connect Philly – Find the nearest available Internet access to you. Use SMS feature by sending a text with your location (i.e. "1515 Market St.") to 215-240-7296. In a matter of seconds, you'll be able to find the closest location that provides free, or nearly free, access to the internet.