The first Mummers parade was January 1, 1876 when various groups formed their own individual Mummers Parade to Independence Hall. In 1901 forty-two clubs were granted permits to parade on Broad Street for money prizes approved by City Council.
Source: Bulletin Almanac and Yearbook, 1976, p.498, 917.481 B87 1976
The Constitution of the United States was signed at the conclusion of the Constitutional Convention which met at Philadelphia, PA from May 25, 1787 to September 17. It was agreed that the Constitution would become binding on the thirteen former colonies when it was ratified by nine states. The Constitution was declared in effect on March 4, 1789.
Source: Famous First Facts About American Politics, 2001, p.81, Steven Anzovin, 973 An99f
Independence Hall, formerly known as the State House, was originally designed by Andrew Hamilton. Hamilton worked in collaboration with Edmund Wooley, a member of the Carpenter's Company, until Hamilton's death. The State House was conceived as a five-part plan based on the Palladian principle of two secondary buildings linked to a main block by arcades.
Source: Architecture of Independence Hall. nps.gov. Retrieved from nps.gov
It was here that George Washington received command of the Continental Army, here that the Declaration of Independence was adopted, and here that the Federal Constitution was framed.
Source: Bulletin Almanac and Yearbook, 1976, p.290, 917.481 B87 1976
When the first Continental Congress met, Independence Hall was being used by the Provincial Assembly. The Carpenters Company offered the Congress the use of Carpenters' Hall, so it is there that the Congress first met from September through October 1774.
Source: Philadelphia Bulletin Almanac, 1976, p.292
The Liberty Bell was originally meant to be hung in the tower of the State House in Philadelphia in order to call members to the meetings. The State House is now known as Independence Hall. In July 1852 it was placed upon a temporary pedestal in Independence Hall. In 1885 it began a series of journeys across the United States. It has not left Philadelphia since 1917. It is now located in the Liberty Bell Center on Market Street between 5th and 6th Streets.
Source: Ring in the Jubilee: The Epic of America's Liberty Bell, 1973, p.21,103, 107, 113, Charles Michael Boland, 917.481 B637R, See also the National Park Service website.