Philadelphia City Archives
Major Genealogical Resources
- Philadelphia birth records, 1 Jul 1860 - 30 Jun 1915.
- Philadelphia cemetery returns, 1803 - 30 Jun 1860.
- Philadelphia death records, 1 Jul 1860 - 30 Jun 1915.
- Philadelphia marriage records, 1 Jul 1860 - 30 June 1915 (Records only not offical certificates).
- Naturalization records for the following courts: Common Pleas, Philadelphia County District Court, Quarter Sessions Court, Mayor's Court, Recorder's Court of the Northern Liberties and Kensington, Criminal Sessions Court, and General Sessions Court.
- Deeds, 1683 - 1952.
- City Directories, 1785-1930, 1935.
- Common Pleas Court divorce dockets, 1850 - 1874.
- Tax assessment registers, ca. 1769 - ca. 1820, varies by area.
Guides to the Collection
Philadelphia City Archives Web Page.
- The complete holdings of this archive are described in Descriptive Inventory of the Archives of the City and County of Philadelphia (016.9748 P53d - SSH) and Subject Index to the Photographic Collection of the Philadelphia City Archives (016.9748 P53de - SSH). Handouts that describe specific aspects of the holdings as well as indexes and finding aids are available at the archive.
Point of Contact for More Information
Philadelphia City Archives, 3101 Market Street, Philadelphia, PA 19104. (215) 685-9401.
Return to List of Repositories