Library Facility Guard: Part-time Temporary
Custodial: Perform a variety of custodial duties
- Inside the building: Cleaning floors, rugs; cleaning restrooms; emptying trash cans; cleaning tabletops; setting up rooms for meetings
- Outside the building: Picking up trash; putting out trash and recycling; mowing grass, trimming weeds, raking leaves; removing snow and ice;
Security: Provide a security presence for the library
- Patrol the library, appear in uniform, enforce the library’s security rules, and work with library staff to maintain a safe, secure environment.
- Various Free Library branches throughout the city. Most Library Facility Guards work in branch libraries with a staff of 6 to 8 staff members.
- Position requires work on most Saturdays 9 a.m. to 5 p.m., with possible additional weekdays.
- This is a 9 month temporary position starting in mid-September 2019 and ending in mid-June 2020.
- Library Facility Guards work 8 to 16 hours a week, including most Saturdays.
- Some hours may be scheduled on an on-call basis.
- $16.00 per hour
- Temporary positions with the City of Philadelphia do not provide sick leave or vacation, or health or pension benefits. These positions are exempt from civil service and are not eligible for promotion. Please continue to take civil service tests.
- All offers are contingent upon passing security clearance, drug testing and the City of Philadelphia’s indebtedness check, which includes all outstanding parking tickets, utility bills and taxes owed to the City of Philadelphia.
To Apply: Email your resume to email@example.com
Candidates with security experience preferred.
The Free Library of Philadelphia is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. Minorities and LGBTQ individuals are encouraged to apply.