Bring your school ID to activate your Educator card. Its superpowers include:
- Borrowing up to 50 items at a time for your class
- Enjoying an extended loan period of 28 days
Learn more about applying for an Educator Card
Schedule a field trip to see some of the Free Library's rarest collections:
- Our dynamic exhibitions featuring books, documents, art and other objects from our special collections.
- The Rosenbach is a historic Museum and Library housing and interpreting treasures like the only surviving copy of Benjamin Franklin's Poor Richard's Almanac. Schedule a visit to the Rosenbach today!
- The Rare Book Department at Parkway Central Library, featuring some of the world's oldest and most unique books (and cuneiform tablets, scrolls, manuscripts, letters, and more)!
Educator Updates on School Partnerships
Throughout the 2018–19 school year, the Free Library will be rolling out more tools, resources, and highlights of our collections that can help enrich your classrooms, students, and school communities. Sign up to receive quarterly updates on these new resources and check back here frequently for new content.
Digital Resources for Students
The Free Library has a wide range of digital content, primary and secondary sources, e-picture books, and databases with vast resources across the curriculum. These resources can be used in your classroom, all for free with your Free Library card. Explore some of our most popular Online Learning databases and resources or email firstname.lastname@example.org with specific questions!
The Free Library provides FREE, fun afterschool activities and homework help for K-12 students at neighborhood libraries throughout the city with our Literacy Enrichment Afterschool Program (LEAP).
LEAP promotes traditional and interdisciplinary literacy in a fun, hands-on setting, and introduces your students to the many Free Library resources that can support them in school and at home. To learn more about LEAP, email email@example.com.
Homework Help Online
A Free Library card gives any student access to FREE live tutoring, homework assistance, and test prep, through Homework Help Online, powered by Tutor.com, a great resource for your students and their families.
BLAST (ongoing) & Building Bridges with Books (completed)
BLAST is a 4th Grade social studies research partnership bringing together librarians and teachers in both the classroom and the library. Building Bridges with Books ran from 2014 - 2018 as a federally funded partnership between the Free Library and 10 School District of Philadelphia elementary schools, working to lift literacy engagement for K - 3rd graders and engage their teachers and families. Future partnerships and collaborative projects between the Free Library and Philly schools are being investigated!