Are you passionate about serving diverse populations in an urban public library setting? Are you ready for all that Philadelphia has to offer? If so, then please consider this community-focused Librarian position housed within a large, municipal library system—the Free Library of Philadelphia!
We expect to hire 12 librarians in this cycle, so this is a great time to explore this Philadelphia opportunity!
Each of our neighborhood locations has its own unique vibe, while Philadelphia as a city offers opportunities for engaging with intergenerational and cross-cultural communities. As a librarian, you will advance literacy, guide learning, and inspire curiosity, as well as:
- Foster positive relationships and collaborations with community partners
- Enthusiastically engage with our youth population
- Conduct outreach to schools and community groups
- Provide digital, electronic, and traditional reference services to customers
- Develop programming to meet community wants, needs, and aspirations
- Collaborate with Friends’ groups, volunteers, and civic associations
- Serve in an Acting Library Supervisor capacity, as needed
- Facilitate special projects and other duties, as assigned
Candidates who are fluent in Spanish, Mandarin, Arabic, Russian, Vietnamese, Khmer, Korean, French, Haitian-Creole, or American Sign Language (ASL) are encouraged to apply. We are actively seeking candidates who reflect the diversity of our dynamic city.
The Free Library of Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. In addition to being a union-represented position with pension and generous retirement savings options, City of Philadelphia employment benefits include paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays per year. New employees are even eligible for a $2,000 hiring bonus!
Apply for this position now!
The deadline for applications is Friday, July 2.
Visit freelibrary.org to learn more about this vital public institution, and follow us on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram to keep up with all the Free Library excitement!