September is Library Card Sign-up Month, and we just wanted to remind you that securing your very own Free Library of Philadelphia library card is both easy and valuable!
You can sign up online or in person at any one of our 54 neighborhood library locations around the city. Anyone who lives, works, pays taxes, or attends school in the city of Philadelphia is eligible for a Free Library card, and out-of-state residents can obtain a card by paying an annual fee of $50 (which must be paid with credit card following completion of the online application).
Your Free Library card connects you to thousands of books, DVDs, CDs, and other materials from our catalog, and grants you instant access to our collections of digital media, online databases, free public computers with wireless internet access, and so much more!
Here are some of the highlights:
- Stream movies, TV, music, and audiobooks directly to your computer or mobile device using Hoopla or Kanopy
- Read and download your favorite magazines online using RBDigital
- Take online classes taught by industry experts using Lynda.com
- Learn a new language (or brush up on an old one) at your own pace using Mango Languages
- Access books and other resources that the Free Library doesn’t have through our Interlibrary Loan program
That doesn’t even scratch the surface, so be sure to browse our website and dig into all of the Free Library's offerings. And be sure to stay connected to the Free Library on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram this month, as we’ll be sharing some fun facts about library cards and the resources you can take advantage of at the library, including some offerings that just may surprise you! When you get your card, snap a selfie with it and tag us using the #LibraryCardSignUp hashtag so we can share in the excitement!
Not sure if you have a card, or maybe you signed up years ago and can't remember your login info? Check our website for more info!
Already have your card in hand? Help a friend or family member secure theirs today! It’s the gift that keeps on giving!