Are you passionate about serving diverse populations in an urban public library setting?
Are you a librarian with a Master's Degree?
If so, please consider these community-focused librarian positions housed within a large, municipal library system consisting of 54 neighborhood libraries. Each location has its own unique vibe and connection to its community.
Philadelphia is a historic, multicultural, and vibrant city which offers opportunities for engaging with intergenerational and cross-cultural communities. As a librarian and a member of our team, you will be responsible for providing exceptional customer service and engaging with our communities in a way that advances literacy, guides learning, and inspires curiosity. Your contribution to your community might include:
- Fostering positive relationships and collaborations with community partners
- Enthusiastically engaging with our youth population
- Conducting outreach to schools and community groups
- Providing digital, electronic, and traditional reference services to customers
- Developing programming to meet community wants, needs, and aspirations
- Collaborating with Friends’ groups, volunteers, and civic associations
- Facilitating special projects and other duties as assigned
Experience and enthusiasm in working with children and teens is absolutely vital. Candidates who are fluent in Spanish, Mandarin, Arabic, Russian, Vietnamese, Khmer, Korean, French, Haitian-Creole or American Sign Language (ASL) are encouraged to apply. We are actively seeking candidates who reflect the diversity of our dynamic city. The Free Library of Philadelphia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Minorities and LGBTQ+ individuals are encouraged to apply.
Register now to attend a virtual and informational chat session to be held on Thursday, January 16, from 1:00 p.m. - 3:00 p.m.
The application deadline for both opportunities closes on Sunday, January 26.