Item No: arcd00590
Title: Autocar No. 2- Built in 1898
Automobile Reference Collection
This second model in the long series of Autocar motor vehicles was built by Mr. Louis S. Clarke at his Pittsburgh Motor Vehicle Company shop in Pittsburgh in the spring of 1898. He called it then a "Four-wheel Phaeton". It was completely restored to running condition by Mr. Clarke at his home in Haverford, Pa., in 1950. Mr. Clarke appears in some of them. Detailed specifications of thsi car, as originally designed and built, are avaialble. Information supplied by Autocar Advertising Department, September 21, 1950.