Built in 1917, the Logan Branch Library serves the Logan community from the historic Carnegie building at the corner of Wagner Avenue and Old York Road.
We are part of the transformational Building Inspiration: 21st Century Libraries Initiative. Find out more here: http://www.21stcenturylibraries.org/.
As early as 1908 there was community interest in having a branch of the Free Library in the Logan neighborhood of Philadelphia. For the next ten years, the Logan Improvement League worked zealously towards establishing a library location. In 1915, Mrs. Philip Garrett, owner of valuable real estate in Logan, offered to donate a portion of the Garrett Estate for a public library. The Logan Branch was built during 1917-1918 using funds donated by the philanthropist Andrew Carnegie, who committed $1.5 million in 1903 for the purpose of building Free Library of Philadelphia branches.