The Free Library is acquiring a Techmobile, a 25’ vehicle outfitted for digital literacy training and outreach. Right now, construction is in progress and we expect you’ll see the Techmobile hitting the streets in April.
Trainings will range from computer and email basics, résumé writing and job searching to workshops about small business resources, parenting resources, social networking, e-books and more.
The Free Library will partner with community organizations for these trainings. If you or your organization is interested in a visit from the Techmobile, please fill out the Partner Interest Form.
Techmobile Stop Criteria
- Organization’s mission must relate to the mission of the Free Library: “The Free Library of Philadelphia advances literacy, guides learning, and inspires curiosity.”
- Organization’s programs and services must target underserved populations.
- Location must have adequate and safe parking for the vehicle (measuring 25 feet long).There are 6 training workstations, and each Techmobile visit will contain a formal training or workshop as well as open access time.
- Organization must provide staff or volunteer support to assist with class registration before our visit, arrival, set-up and security. Techmobile staff should also be able to use the facilities of a host organization.
- Participants must complete an evaluation at end of training
- Event, workshop or activity must be free of charge to the participants, and must be open to all residents in accordance with the City’s Fair Practices Ordinance that prohibits discrimination.
This program is supported by the Federal Broadband Opportunities Program Grant. The zip codes identified in the BTOP Grant are: 19102, 19103, 19104, 19106, 19107, 19120, 19121, 19122, 19123, 19128, 19131, 19132, 19133, 19135, 19136, 19139, 19140, 19141, 19142, 19143, 19144, 19145, 19146, 19148, 19154. For more information about the BTOP Grant in Philadelphia, please visit the Phillykeyspots.com, the homepage of the Freedom Rings Partnership.
Please direct any other questions to Joel Nichols, Techmobile Manager, at 215 686-5372 or via email at email@example.com.