*** Update: For current information about this service, please contact the Science & Wellness Supervisor at firstname.lastname@example.org. ***
Do you have an exciting new-fangled gadget that you don't know how to use? Are you a pro at your device, but you want to know how to get free ebooks on your smart phone, e-reader, tablet, or computer? Are you someone interested in getting an e-reader, but you don't know which one?
Come to the Free Library of Philadelphia's e-gadget help desk! A gadget guru will be in the lobby of the Parkway Central Library (1901 Vine St.) every Tuesday afternoon from 3:00 until 6:00 p.m., starting January 8 to give tutorials, troubleshooting tips, advice, and hands-on work with e-readers and tablets.
We can help you with:
- Amazon e-readers: Kindle, Kindle Fire
- Barnes and Noble e-readers: Nook, Nook Color, Nook Tablet
- Android/Google-powered tablets and smart phones: Nexus, Samsung, Droid, etc.
- Apple's iPhone, iPad, and iPad mini
Do you have a question about a device that's not on the list? Come in and we'll do our best to help you!
For the best learning experience, BRING with you:
- The device in question!
- If you want learn how to download an ebook from the internet on a computer and transfer to your device, bring your device’s USB cord.
It’s helpful to bring and/or know the following, but if you don't we'll help you figure it out:
- Your 14-digit Free Library Card number
- Your 4-digit PIN
- The email address your device is registered to and that email account's password.
- If you have any associated accounts with your device, such as Adobe Digital Editions, Amazon.com, or Barnes and Noble.com, please bring or remember your login information. This may be an email address, username, or ID and a password.
- Free Library Hot Spots Team