Calling all Philadelphia-area artists! The Free Library wants your art!
You heard right: As part of our new Cultureshare pilot program, based on the community-supported agriculture (CSA) model and funded by the Knight Foundation, the project aims to connect Philadelphia artists through a free, subscription-based program that curates and distributes locally produced art, music, writing, and performance in conversation with existing holdings of the Free Library.
Winning submissions will be selected by a committee of curators and Free Library staff, based on connection to Philadelphia as well as artistic merit. Each artist or piece selected will receive a prize of up to $1,000 and the work will be included in the Free Library’s first digital "share" to subscribers.
The submission period is open NOW through Friday, June 16!
- We are seeking original art in any medium, including but not limited to: music, painting, performance, photography, and writing.
- The submission must be digitally deliverable. All major file formats accepted.
- Work must be previously unpublished.
- Any video or audio submission must be under 7 minutes in length.
- Any text submission must be under 2000 words.
- Images must have a minimum resolution of 72 dpi and should be large enough for judges to see clearly online. If selected, a higher resolution image may be required.
- Excerpts of larger works are acceptable, assuming they fit the length parameters.
- We ask for first serial rights and the right to keep a copy of the publication in our archives. All other rights revert back to the artist after publication.
- Have a relationship with the city of Philadelphia.
- Be over the age of 12.
- If the submission was created by more than one artist, all artists’ information must be included.
- If selected, commit to attending our launch celebration on the evening of Tuesday, October 3, 2017.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions, and please visit freelibrary.org/cultureshare for more information or to submit your work!