The Free Library Passport Acceptance Facility, normally located at Northeast Regional Library, is popping up at Tacony Library. The Northeast Regional Library will be closed through January 28, 2018 due to a building emergency; the Tacony Passport Office will be open January 19 through at least January 28, 2018. The Tacony Library Passport Office (6742 Torresdale Avenue) is located on the basement floor of the library.
The Tacony Library Passport Office is open:
- Tuesday: 1:00 p.m.–5:00 p.m.
- Wednesday: 3:00 p.m.–7:00 p.m.
- Friday: 1:00 p.m.–4:00 p.m.
- Saturday: 10:00 a.m.–4:00 p.m.
Appointments are available by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Walk-in service is available based on demand. The office is staffed by two passport agents. Customers are invited to enjoy the Tacony Library while waiting.
Note that the Passport Office only handles applications for new passports. Those needing to renew a passport should visit the U.S. State Department’s website. The Tacony Library Passport Office will not provide photo services. Customers should bring an appropriate photograph to their appointment.
The Passport Office accepts money orders or personal checks; it does not accept cash. Costs for the available services are set by the State Department:
- $110 for 4–6 week passport delivery (check payable to U.S. Department of State)
- $170 for expedited passport delivery (check payable to U.S. Department of State)
- $25 processing fee (check to Free Library of Philadelphia Foundation)
- $10 photo fee, if necessary (check to Free Library of Philadelphia Foundation)
For more information about the services available at the Passport Office, visit freelibrary.org/passports.
And remember, you'll need a passport to travel to London for next fall’s Eagles' game at Wembley Stadium!