Do you need help finding healthcare or signing up for federal benefits? Do you have questions about resources for free or low-cost food? Are you worried about the mental health of a family member? Find support and get your questions answered at Parkway Central Library on Wednesday, December 19 from 1:00 p.m. – 4:00 p.m. at the Community Resource Coffee and Tea Party. More than 15 agencies from around the city will be here to share information about their work. Here’s a quick overview of just a few of the organizations that will be in attendance:
- Bebashi enhances the quality of health and wellbeing by providing access to healthcare, HIV/AIDS services, and other social services.
- BenePhilly offers free one-on-one support to help Philadelphians fill out benefit applications and follow up on application status.
- Project HOME empowers adults, children, and families to break the cycle of homelessness and poverty.
- Philabundance distributes food to those in need of it.
- Sassy Salon will be offering free haircuts.
If you can’t make it to the event, don’t worry – you can still find support at the Free Library. We have nurses and social workers on-site at Parkway Central Library every weekday. They can talk with you about your mental and physical health, answer your questions, check your blood pressure, help you schedule an appointment with a doctor, refer you to other resources in the Library, and much more.
Other libraries all around the city also offer a variety of health programs and services. You can take yoga classes, attend a cooking class, learn the latest about medical marijuana laws in Pennsylvania, or participate in an opioid overdose awareness and reversal training, to name a few. Check out our online calendar for a full list of events.
The Free Library is here to help you get healthy!