10 Greatest Books of All Time?
Mon, January 22, 2007
Time Magazine just released a review of J. Peder Zane's The Top 10, in which he asks the greatest living authors for their Top 10 lists. Whether or not you agree with their choices, they certainly picked some doozies:
- Anna Karenina by Leo Tolstoy
- Madame Bovary by Gustave Flaubert
- War and Peace by Leo Tolstoy
- Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
- The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn by Mark Twain
- Hamlet by William Shakespeare
- The Great Gatsby F. Scott Fitzgerald
- In Search of Lost Time by Marcel Proust
- The Stories of Anton Chekhov by Anton Chekhov
- Middlemarch by George Eliot
While I thoroughly enjoyed The Great Gatsby, I haven't read much of his other work. I watched The Curious Case of Benjamin Button over the weekend, and noticed when the credits rolled that it was based on a F. Scott Fitzgerald story. I'm now interested in reading some of his shorter work.
John - Shelton, Washington
Tue, February 02, 2010