September is Library Card Sign-Up Month—do you have your Free Library card?!
Anyone who lives, works, pays taxes, or attends school in the city of Philadelphia is eligible, so share the news! Your Free Library card connects you to thousands of books, DVDs, CDs, and other materials from the catalog, and grants you instant access to our collections of digital media, online databases, free public computers, wireless internet, and so much more!
Here are some more highlights:
- Take online classes taught by industry experts using LinkedIn Learning
- Learn a new language (or brush up on an old one) at your own pace using Mango Languages
- Get live, online access to a tutor every day from 10:00 a.m. to midnight for K-12, college students, and adults using Homework Help Online
- Explore 10 of the most distinguished Black newspapers in the United States, which help piece together a fuller story of American history and feature stories that were omitted from textbooks and mainstream newspapers
- Create an online account where you can search for items in our catalog, place holds to be picked up at your neighborhood library, rate and comment on titles you’ve checked out, and create and share lists of books, movies, and music!
That doesn’t even begin to scratch the surface, so be sure to browse our website and dig into all of the Free Library's offerings. And be sure to stay connected to the Free Library on social media throughout September, as we’ll be sharing some fun facts about library cards and the resources you can take advantage of at the library. When you get your card, snap a selfie with it and tag us using the #LibraryCardSignUpMonth hashtag so we can share in the excitement!
Not sure if you have a card, or maybe you signed up years ago and can't remember your login info? Check our website for more info!
Already have your card? Help a friend or family member secure theirs today! It’s the gift that keeps on giving!