Tue, October 12, 2021 5:00 P.M.
Join us on Tuesday, October 12th, for our fourth annual nonprofit governance program as we discuss:
- What are your state and federal legal obligations and proper roles when serving as a fiduciary of a charitable entity?
- How can a volunteer Board best support an Executive Director in efficiently accomplishing a charitable mission?
- What are some great examples of a fiduciary offering guidance to an Executive Director, to help maximize opportunity or minimize risk, during a crisis moment?
- How can a Board both select and forge the best strategic path forward in the midst of chaos? What policies and relationships put a charity in a position to survive a disaster?
- How can we maintain positivity and fortitude as leaders to identify, and capitalize upon, narrow windows of opportunity?
This program will review the basic fiduciary duties applicable to nonprofit fiduciaries, such as Directors, Trustees, and Officers, and offer examples of how the traditional fiduciary duties of care, loyalty, and obedience can be adequately discharged – or may be inappropriately violated. After a summary of applicable Pennsylvania and federal law, a panel of nonprofit CEOs will discuss some of their best and worst experiences both identifying and navigating risks, as well as maximizing opportunity, while living through crisis.
Marla K. Conley, Esquire, Founding Partner Conley Law Group LLC
Karen Andrade-Mims, MPA, Executive Director, The Father Center of New Jersey
Marsha I. Cohen, Esquire, Immediate Past Executive Director, Homeless Advocacy Project (HAP)
Malik Neal, Co-Founder and Executive Director, Philadelphia Bail Fund
This program is co-sponsored by the Free Library of Philadelphia's Regional Foundation Center, the Junior League of Philadelphia, and Conley Law Group LLC.
This event is free but online registration is required.
Tuesday, October 12 | 5:00pm - 6:30pm
Please submit your questions via email at firstname.lastname@example.org in advance or during the program, and we will answer them as time permits.