This event has already happened. Check out our other great events!
Ask a Business Services Manager: Office Hours with the City of Philadelphia Office of Business Services
Thu, October 19, 2023 2:00 P.M.
Business Resource and Innovation Center
Parkway Central Library
The City of Philadelphia Department of Commerce’s Office of Business Services (OBS) is here to provide one-on-one business assistance! OBS helps entrepreneurs start, grow, and operate a business in Philadelphia. We're partnering up to host office hours with their Business Services Managers. These multilingual managers are knowledgeable in various business types helping entrepreneurs navigate City processes and connecting them to available resources citywide.
Business services managers can assist with questions, such as:
- What is the process of registering my business in Philadelphia and obtaining the necessary license(s) based on my business type?
- I am interested in registering my business as an LLC. What is the process and do I also need to obtain an Employer Identification Number (EIN) number?
- I am not able to make full tax payments with the Department of Revenue at this time. How can I improve my business financial planning?
- What funding is available to help grow and improve my business?
- I am ready to take my business to the next level, where can I find a free mentor?
- I am searching for a commercial space, how do I check if a property will meet the zoning needs for my business?
- I conducted market research at the BRIC. What is the best way to utilize those resources?
Office hours are in person from 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. in the BRIC. There is no pre-registration for this event, and questions are limited to fifteen minutes. Service is first-come, first-served. The last person will be seen no later than 3:50 p.m.
Third Thursdays | 2:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Business Resource & Innovation Center | Parkway Central Library