Item No: pdcc00009
Title: Baeder, Delany & Adamson, manufacturers of glue curled, cow hide whips, sand & emery paper, neatsfoot, oil, bone, dust, plastering hair. [graphic]
Historic Street Address:
1006 North Sixth Street
Print and Picture Collection
Baeder, Delany & Adamson, manufacturers of glue curled, cow hide whips, sand & emery paper, neatsfoot, oil, bone, dust, plastering hair. [graphic] : Stores: Philada. No. 14 S. 4th St. New York No. 225, Pearl Street; N.B. The highest price in cash given for glue pieces, damaged hides, cattle tails, ceroons, horns, bones &c. &c.
Free Library of Philadelphia: Castner 26:12b
Tradecard showing a view of the glue and animal product manufacturing complex for partners Charles Baeder, Charles Delany, and William Adamson at 1006 North Sixth Street. Complex contains several buildings and two courtyards. The two largest buildings contain several stories, receiving entrances, and cupolas. Laborers holding tools with handles work on the roof of a shed-like building in the center of the complex. Horse-drawn carts are visible in the yard. Also includes street traffic in the foreground. A horse-drawn omnibus, wagon, and men on horseback travel in front of the fenced manufactory. The firm, established in 1828 by Baeder, became the premier manufacturer of its kind in the United States. The manufactory, of the firm later renamed Baeder, Adamson & Co., relocated to Richmond Street, Allegheny Avenue, and Westmoreland Street circa 1866.
Kollner, Augustus, 1813-1906 - Lithographer
Kollner, Augustus, 1813-1906 - Publisher