Item No: pdcc00002
Title: Pine Street Church. Built A.D. 1764. Remodeled 1857. [graphic] / J. Fraser architect.
Historic Street Address:
400-416 South 4th Street
Print and Picture Collection
Exterior view showing the remodeled Third Presbyterian Church also known as Old Pine Street Church, originally built 1766-1768 after the designs of Robert Smith, at 400-416 South 4th Street. Columns on pediments adorn the front of the building and an iron-wrought fence protects the church property. Church remodeled from a meeting house to a Greek-style temple in 1857 after the designs of John Fraser.
Free Library of Philadelphia: Castner 23:24
Historical Society of Pennsylvania: Ba 136 T 445c [proof copy]
Sinclair, Thomas S., ca. 1805-1881 - Printer
Watson, John Frampton - Lithographer
Watson, John Frampton - Publisher
Fraser, John, 1825-1906 - Architect
Smith, Robert, 1722-1777 - Architect