Item No: pdcc00018
Title: Fairmount Park [graphic] / G.S. Harris & Son lith. Phila.
Print and Picture Collection
Free Library of Philadelphia: Castner 21:1 and 30:86
Sheet music cover containing a view looking from Reservoir Hill toward Lemon Hill showing part of the Fairmount Water Works. Includes part of the mill race and the promenade on the old mill house, and visitors on the roof of the new mill house (completed 1862). Also shows a boat docked at the nearby boat landing and boat houses along the east bank of the Schuylkill River. The waterworks, originally built between 1812 and 1822 after the designs of Philadelphia engineer Frederick Graff, were altered and expanded after the designs of Philadelphia engineers Henry P.M. Birkinbine and Frederick Graff, Jr.
Geo. S. Harris & Sons - Lithographer
Meyer, Louis - Composer
Birkinbine, Henry P. M. - Engineer
Graff, Frederick, 1774-1847 - Engineer
Graff, Frederick, 1817-1890 - Engineer