Item No: pdcp00418c
Title: View of transparency
Additional Title: in front of headquarters of Supervisory Committee for Recruiting Colored Regiments . . .
Print and Picture Collection
Ringwalt & Brown, Prs. 111 & 113 South 4th St. Phila.
p. of 3 pages
Continuation of "The Legion of Liberty" from p; quotes from John Randolph, Robert J. Breckinridge, "Daniel O'Connell, Theobald Mathew, and sixty thousand other irishmen", J.Q. Adams on the war power, James M'Dowell, Thomas F. Marshall, the Holy Bible, Song lyrics to "Free Maryland" aired as "My Maryland", poem by George H. Boker written May 27th, 1863 titled " the Black Regiment", a speech of Andrew Johnson, and an extract from the speech of Thomas Webster in October 1864 .
Ringwalt & Brown, Prs. - Engraver
- African Americans
- Civil War, 1861-1865
- Randolph, John, 1773 - 1833
- Breckinridge, Robert Jefferson, 1800-1871
- Adams, John Quincy, 1767 - 1848
- O'Connell, Daniel, 1775-1847
- McDowell, James, 1795 - 1851
- Marshall, Thomas Francis, 1801 - 1864
- Boker, George Henry, 1823-1890
- Johnson, Andrew, 1808 - 1875