Item No: pdcp00609
Title: William Penn Airport
Additional Title: Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce, Aviation Committee - May, 1930
Historic Street Address:
Red Lion Road & Roosevelt Boulevard
Print and Picture Collection
Located in Box: Aeronautics / African Americans, Folder: Aeronautics
William Penn (Commercial) Airport, begun in 1928, owned and operated by Interstate Flying Corporation. Later named Boulevard Airport and eventually closed on October 4, 1951. By 1970's land developed into shopping centers and residential streets.
Image produced for the Philadelphia Chamber of Commerce, Aviation Committee, May, 1930.