Philadelphia International Airport - Restaurant (b)Historical Images of Philadelphia Philadelphiana
Item No: pdcp00619
Title: Philadelphia International Airport - Restaurant (b)
Additional Title: "Pic shows a view of people dining with planes in background being loaded..."Historic Street Address: 8000 Essington Avenue
Media Type: Photographic Prints
Source: Print and Picture Collection
Located in Box: Aeronautics / African Americans, Folder: Aeronautics
Philadelphia airport formed in 1925 to train aviators of the Pennsylvania National Guard. In 1930 the city purchased adjoining land for Airport expansion. Expansion and the construction of the building and landing field began in 1937. Construction began in 1950 on a new terminal building, which was completed December 15, 1953 and designed by architects Carroll, Grisdale & Van Alen (1946-73).
[ON REVERSE] Assignment: International Airport Reature - Rex Polier Story - Sun
Gift of The Evening Bulletin. Dec. 19, 1956.
Creation Year: 1954
Geocode Latitude: Geocode Longitude:-75.249524
Creator Name: Wasko, Joseph - Photographer
Carroll, Grisdale & Van Alen - Architect