Girard Avenue & 2nd Street, Northeast corner

Historical Images of Philadelphia Parker & Mullikin Negatives
Advanced
Girard Avenue & 2nd Street, Northeast corner

Item Info

Item No: pdcm00404
Title: Girard Avenue & 2nd Street, Northeast corner
Additional Title: Banner Specialty Company
Historic Street Address: 199 W. Girard Avenue
Historic Street Address: 2nd & Girard Avenue, Northeast corner
Media Type: Photographic Negatives
Source: Print and Picture Collection
Notes:

Image created for W. D. Shepherd.  Photo was taken in April, 1949.

Built 1869-1871, this building was originally the Eighth National Bank of Philadelphia, until approximetely the 1930s.  For some period of time--during the 1940s, at least--it served as the home of Banner Specialty Company, as seen in this photograph.  After being vacant for several decades, followed by extensive restoration, it reopened in 2006 as the central branch and headquarters of Hyperion Bank. 


Creation Year: 1949
Geocode Latitude: Geocode Latitude:39.969593
Geocode Longitude:-75.139452

Creator Name: Parker & Mullikin - Photographer
Levy, Thomas S. - Architect