Item No: pdcm00407h
Title: Montgomery Avenue - Villanova, PA
Additional Title: Clothier House
Historic Street Address:
1860 Montgomery Avenue, Villanova, PA
Print and Picture Collection
Image created for W. D. Shepherd.
Also known as Clairemont, this 161-acre estate was developed in 1917 for department store owner Morris L. Clothier. The structure in this 1949 image appears to be a part of the stables complex, which is no longer standing. During the 1950s, the property was subdivided and rezoned for institutional use. In 1959 it became the site of the Northeastern Christian Junior College. Currently, it houses the Foundation for Islamic Education.
Located at: 1860 Montgomery Avenue, Villanova, PA
Parker & Mullikin - Photographer
Trumbauer, Horace, 1868-1938 - Architect