Item No: pdcp00674
Title: Woodside Amusement Park - Demolition
Historic Street Address:
Ford & Monument Roads
Print and Picture Collection
Located in Box: Allens Lane Art Center - Arcade Folder: Amusement Parks
Photograph of Woodside Amusement Park's demolition donated by the Evening Bulletin newspaper. Photo circa 1955.
Woodside Park built circa 1897 at the intersection of Ford Road, Monument Road, and Conshohocken Avenue- an area known as "Five Points." Owned by Woodside Real Estate Company. Trolley lines to and from the amusement park were operated by the Fairmount Park Transportation Company. One of a number of late 19th century entertainment parks built in the suburbs of Philadelphia along trolley routes (see also Willow Grove Park). Woodside Amusement Park ceased operations in the 1950's and was subsequently demolished.
Geocode location is approximate.
Evening bulletin (Philadelphia, Pa.) - Photographer