Item No: pdcf00026
Title: Bushrod Branch
Additional Title: Patron checking out books at the Bushrod Branch, mid-1950's.
Historic Street Address:
6304 Castor Avenue
Print and Picture Collection
Librarian Miss Weitzel checks out patron Miss Minnie Friedenberg's books, at the Bushrod Branch, ca. 1955. Diebold microfilm charging machines would have been new technology in the 1950's.
The Bushrod Branch opened its doors in 1950. It was the first newly-constructed branch in the Free Library system since the completion of the Central Library in 1927.
The Bushrod Branch serves the communities of Oxford Circle, Castor Gardens, Upper Northwood, Summerdale, and the Lower Northeast.