Item No: pdcf00027
Title: Bushrod Branch
Additional Title: Young volunteer for a special event at the Bushrod Branch, 1993Historic Street Address: 6304 Castor Avenue
Media Type: Photographic Prints
Source: Print and Picture Collection
In 1993, the Bushrod Branch added Saturday hours. Volunteer Frank Berkery swept the sidewalk in preparation for the celebratory event.
The Bushrod Branch opened its doors in 1950. It was the first newly-constructed branch in the Free Library system since the completion of the Central Library in 1927.
The branch serves the communities of Oxford Circle, Castor Gardens, Upper Northwood, Summerdale, and the Lower Northeast.
Creation Year: 1993
Geocode Latitude: Geocode Longitude:-75.078607