Item No: pdcf00031
Title: Bustleton Branch
Additional Title: Exterior view of the Union Hall building, 1942 location of the Bustleton Branch
Historic Street Address:
9230 Bustleton Avenue
Print and Picture Collection
The Bustleton Branch began in Tustin's Drug Store in 1905, as a "traveling library;" then from 1911-1941, it operated out of St. Luke's Chapel.
From 1942-1960, the branch occupied the Union Hall building--seen in this ca. 1942 image--at 9230 Bustleton Pike. Since the late 1970s, this building has housed the St. Peter and St. Paul Orthodox Church.
The Bustleton Branch serves the neighborhoods of Bustleton and Somerton, and, since 1965, is located at 10199 Bustleton Avenue.