Item No: pdcf00045
Title: Chestnut Hill Branch
Additional Title: Exterior view of the Chestnut Hill Branch, ca. 1900
Historic Street Address:
8711 Germantown Avenue
Print and Picture Collection
This is a ca. 1900 exterior view of the Chestnut Hill Branch. Originally the Christian Hall Library, built in 1872 and located at 8711 Germantown Avenue, it became a branch of the Free Library of Philadelphia in 1897.
In 1907, the building was demolished and a new library was rebuilt on the same site, with funding from an Andrew Carnegie grant. The Chestnut Hill Branch serves the Chestnut Hill community.