Blanche A. Nixon/Cobbs Creek BranchHistorical Images of Philadelphia Free Library Departments and Branches
Item No: pdcf00057
Title: Blanche A. Nixon/Cobbs Creek Branch
Additional Title: Beginning construction for Cobbs Creek Branch, early 1920sHistoric Street Address: 5800 Cobbs Creek Parkway
Media Type: Photographic Prints
Source: Print and Picture Collection
This is a distant view of the construction site for the Cobbs Creek Branch, becoming the 23rd branch funded by a grant from Andrew Carnegie. The branch was opened on December 30, 1925.
In 1990, the branch was renamed in honor of community activist and library volunteer Blanche A. Nixon. The branch serves the Cobbs Creek community.
Geocode Latitude: Geocode Longitude:-75.241600