Item No: pdcf00058
Title: Blanche A. Nixon/Cobbs Creek Branch
Additional Title: Exterior view of the Cobbs Creek Branch, 1941
Historic Street Address:
5800 Cobbs Creek Parkway
Print and Picture Collection
This is a 1941 exterior view of the Cobbs Creek Branch. Opened in 1925, it was the 23rd branch funded by a grant from Andrew Carnegie. This photograph was commissioned by the Work Progress Administration (WPA), as part of the Museum Extension Project.
In 1990, the branch was renamed in honor of community activist and library volunteer Blanche A. Nixon.The branch serves the Cobbs Creek community.
United States. Works Progress Administration of Pennsylvania - Photographer