Item No: pdcf00059
Title: Blanche A. Nixon/Cobbs Creek Branch
Additional Title: Interior view of the Cobbs Creek Branch, ca. 1957
Historic Street Address:
5800 Cobbs Creek Parkway
Print and Picture Collection
This is an interior view of the Cobbs Creek Branch, shortly after its 1957 refurbishing. This view shows the intersection of the two main reading areas of the building. Opened in 1925, it was the 23rd branch funded by a grant from Andrew Carnegie.
In 1990, the branch was renamed in honor of community activist and library volunteer Blanche A. Nixon.The branch serves the Cobbs Creek community.