Item No: pdcf00062
Title: Blanche A. Nixon/Cobbs Creek Branch
Additional Title: Exterior view of the Cobbs Creek Branch, mid-1980s
Historic Street Address:
5800 Cobbs Creek Parkway
Print and Picture Collection
This is an exterior view of the Cobbs Creek Branch, in the mid-1980s. Note the elaborate mural, painted in August 1982, on the stair-level section surrounding the building. Opened in 1925, the Cobbs Creek Branch was the 23rd branch funded by a grant from Andrew Carnegie.
In 1990, the branch was renamed in honor of community activist and library volunteer Blanche A. Nixon, who, among other things, spearheaded beautification projects at the branch, including this exterior mural. The branch serves the Cobbs Creek community.