Item No: pdcf00063
Title: Blanche A. Nixon/Cobbs Creek Branch
Additional Title: Cobbs Creek Branch garden project, 1986
Historic Street Address:
5800 Cobbs Creek Parkway
Print and Picture Collection
Pictured here are library patrons in 1986, reading outside at the newly-created Cobbs Creek Branch Garden. Opened in 1925, the Cobbs Creek Branch was the 23rd branch funded by a grant from Andrew Carnegie.
In 1990, the branch was renamed in honor of community activist and library volunteer Blanche A. Nixon, who, among other things, spearheaded beautification projects at the branch, including this garden. The branch serves the Cobbs Creek community.