Item No: pdcf00064
Title: Blanche A. Nixon/Cobbs Creek Branch
Additional Title: New library sign, displaying the branch's new name, in 1990
Historic Street Address:
5800 Cobbs Creek Parkway
Print and Picture Collection
Opened in 1925, the Cobbs Creek Branch was the 23rd branch funded by a grant from Andrew Carnegie. In 1990, the branch was renamed in honor of community activist and library volunteer Blanche A. Nixon, who, among other things, spearheaded beautification projects at the branch, including its garden and exterior mural. Pictured here is the library's new sign, reflecting its new name. The branch serves the Cobbs Creek community.